Dr. B. Well – Sharing Some Heart Facts
Dr. B. Well here with CommunityMed Family Urgent Care. Did you know that February is National Heart Month? As we’re all focusing on the heart. I wanted to share some interesting FACTS with you…
Did you know?
- The Human Heart is about the size of a fist.
- It weighs between 7 and 15 ounces which is about the same weight as a bottle of Ketchup.
- Most people think the heart is on the left side of your chest. It’s not! It’s actually right in the middle of your chest between your two lungs.
- The average adult heart beats about 72 times per minute.
- How much blood does it pump? Turn on your kitchen faucet all the way for 45 years and that is the same amount of blood that is pumped through your heart in a lifetime.
- Can you believe there’s actually a time and day that most heart attacks happen? It’s between 8 and 9 in the morning on Monday.
- The heart can actually continue to beat outside of the body as long as it has enough oxygen.
- When you listen to music your heartbeat changes and it takes on the same beat as what you’re listening to.
- A woman’s heart beats faster than a man’s. It’s true! It beats 78 times per minute and a man’s 70 times.
It’s important to take care of your heart and start while you’re young. I’m Dr. B. Well for CommunityMed Family Urgent Care.
Information Source: Cool Kid Facts