Patient Relational Concierge
CommunityMed Urgent Care is looking to hire a Patient Relational Concierge that will float among our clinics. We want to make our company workplace a place to enjoy for all staff! We are looking for individuals that are welcoming and exhibit friendly, warm customer service to all patients and who take pride in excellent patient care.
The Patient Relational Concierge is responsible to greet and assist all patients and visitors. They will ensure the completion of paperwork, sign-in, security procedures, scheduling of patients, answering multiple phone lines, as well as verify patient medical insurance and be knowledgeable of medical terminology.
- Arrive to shift on time as deemed by posted schedule.
- Adhere to HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state mandates.
- Contact Front Office Manager in an event of an emergency call-in.
- Contact Front Office Manager with any issues, questions, etc. pertaining to the clinic or your shift.
- On arrival, closure, and throughout day responsible for maintaining a profession clean appearance for waiting area and all bathrooms.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them in person in clinic waiting room or their care.
- Facilitate patient check in & out process, assisting with all paperwork and gathering necessary documents.
- Escorting patients into the facility and back to car.
- Optimizes patients’, provider, and staff satisfaction and time by anticipating patients’ anxieties about wait times, check-in & out process.
- Asset provider with patient orders, including Point of Care testing in the patient’s car.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a professional manner, appropriately making sure to screens calls, take messages, and/or direct calls to the appropriate individual or department, triage telephone calls according to urgency.
- Resolve patient complaints quickly, respectfully, and with professionalism, communicating all issues to the Front Office Manager and Patient Advocate.
- Be able identify any facility or clinic issues and place a help desk ticket
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Proven customer service experience
- Windows computer capable
- Data entry prophecy
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Evenings, weekends, and holidays shifts are regularly 6 or 12 hours on all days except Sunday which is a 4- or 8-hour shift.
- Strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion, and uphold patient confidentiality is a must.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse personalities.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, a good customer-service attitude, and professional demeanor are required.
- Must excel in interpersonal communications and interactions with staff, clients, and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with physicians, management, all staff members, and patients.
- Compliance with the attendance policy.
- Ability to respond quickly, physically, and mentally when priorities and /or the patient’s condition changes.
- Must be able to work with and enter accurate information into such software as MS Word and Excel.
Physical/Mental Requirements for Position:
- Ability to read and write English (legibly)
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Ability to understand and resolve simple to complex problems
- Ability to understand simple to complex instructions
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, and/or lift
- Ability to frequently utilize full range of motion, including crouching, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push with assistance of one other person, the weight of the average patient.
- Ability to see and hear and distinguish color
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function independently without constant supervision