CommunityMed Urgent Care is looking to hire a Medical Assistant with an NCT/RT License that will float among our clinics. We want to make our company workplace a place to enjoy for all staff! We are looking for individuals that are welcoming and exhibit friendly, warm customer service to all patients and who take pride in excellent patient care.
The Med Tech will be responsible for assisting the Provider on Duty. The Med Tech performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to assist with keeping the urgent care running smoothly. The Med Tech verifies patient information, records medical history, confirms the purpose of the patient visit and performs any ordered procedures or labs.
- Arrive to shift on time – 7:30am Monday – Saturday; 11:30am Sunday, unless otherwise noted.
- Adhere to HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state mandates.
- Contact Medical Technician Manager in an event of an emergency call-in.
- Contact Medical Technician Manager with any issues, questions, etc. pertaining to the clinic or your shift.
- On arrival and closure responsible for stocking and preparing clinic rooms.
- Room and triage patient; recording set information including vital signs.
- Keeps supplies ready by stocking rooms, inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Perform ordered patient treatments within set certification and medical competencies.
- Undertake the complete collection and processing for lab specimens.
- Perform occupational medicine testing.
- Assist and complete all ordered patient procedures.
- Screen and triage calls; take messages and/or directs calls to the appropriate individual or department.
- Completes patient call-backs.
- Educates patients on additional ways our clinic can help them.
- Able to perform front office duties, once cross-trained.
- Review and record lab results, calling patients with results when necessary.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Be able to identify any facility or clinic issues and place a help desk ticket.
- Ensure every Tuesday, Occupational Med supplies are ordered and submitted for approval.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Proven customer service experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Medical Technician (MA, LVN, EMT, ECT.) Experience
- Current Medical Technician Licensure (or other applicable certifications/licenses)
- DOT Drug/BAT certification within 30 days of start date
- Current BLS Certificate
- It is the sole responsibility of the medical technician to maintain any and all certifications and registrations necessary as outlined by your licenses
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Evenings, weekends, and holidays shifts are regularly 12 hours on all days except Sunday which is an 8-hour shift.
- Strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion, and uphold patient confidentiality is a must.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse personalities.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, a good customer-service attitude, and professional demeanor are required.
- Must excel in interpersonal communications and interactions with staff, clients, and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with physicians, management, all staff members and patients.
- Compliance with the attendance policy.
- Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or the patient’s condition changes.
- Must be able to work with and enter accurate information into such software as MS Word and Excel.
Physical/Mental Requirements for Position:
- Ability to read and write English (legibly)
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Ability to understand and resolve simple to complex problems
- Ability to understand simple to complex instructions
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, and/or lift
- Ability to frequently utilize full range of motion, including crouching, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push with assistance of one other person, the weight of the average patient.
- Ability to see and hear and distinguish color
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function independently without constant supervision