CommunityMed Urgent Care is looking to hire Medical Receptionists that will assist our corporate staff. We want to make our company workplace a place to enjoy for all staff! We are looking for individuals that are welcoming and exhibit friendly, warm customer service to all patients.
This position would be responsible for patient data entry, answering our clinic phone lines and our COVID hotline. Other duties will be scheduling patient visits, providing lab results and other duties as assigned.
- Screen and triage calls; take messages and/or direct calls to the appropriate individual or department.
- Assist with send out for labs by pulling information from the EMR, interpreting labs, calling patients, and making any necessary notes in the chart.
- Answer follow-up questions pertaining to a patient’s visit.
- Send school/work notes, if needed.
- Assist with sly dial.
- Follow-up on Clockwise queues for the clinics.
- Adhere to HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state mandates.
- Contact Manager with any issues, questions, etc. pertaining to the clinic or your shift.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a professional manner, appropriately making sure to screens calls, take messages, and/or direct calls to the appropriate individual or department, triage telephone calls according to urgency.
- Resolve patient complaints quickly, respectfully, and with professionalism, communicating all issues to the Manager and Patient Advocate.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
The schedule for this position is available 7 days per week with a 4 day work-week of 10 hours per day 8a to 7p (with a rotating hour for lunch).
Must be able to work some weekends.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Proven customer service experience
- Minimum one (1) years of Medical Assistant/LVN/RN Experience
- Current Medical Assistant/LVN/RN Licensure (or other applicable certifications/licenses) – Strongly Preferred
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Monday-Friday (hour determined by volume). Our original idea is to have this position
- Strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion, and uphold patient confidentiality is a must.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse personalities.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, a good customer-service attitude, and professional demeanor are required.
- Must excel in interpersonal communications and interactions with staff, clients, and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with physicians, management, all staff members and patients.
- Compliance with the attendance policy.
- Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or the patient’s condition changes.
- Must be able to work with and enter accurate information into such software as MS Word and Excel.
Physical/Mental Requirements for Position:
- Ability to read and write English (legibly)
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Ability to understand and resolve simple to complex problems
- Ability to understand simple to complex instructions
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, and lift
- Ability to frequently utilize full range of motion, including crouching, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push with assistance of one other person, the weight of the average patient.
- Ability to see and hear
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function independently without constant supervision