We are hiring for a Full Time & Part Time Radiology Techs (RT or NCT) for our clinics. We are looking for individuals that are welcoming and exhibit friendly, warm customer service and clinical care to all patients.
The Radiology Technologist will be responsible for taking x-rays as directed by the provider on duty.
- Arrive to shift on time 7:45am Monday- Saturday; 11:45am Sunday.
- Adhere to HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state mandates.
- Contact Radiology Technologist Manager in an event of an emergency call-in.
- Contact Radiology Technologist Manager with any issues, questions, etc. pertaining to the clinic or your shift.
- On arrival and closure responsible for stocking and preparing clinic rooms. As well as performing and completing the opening duties binder within the lab.
- Room and triage patient; recording set information including vital signs.
- Keeps supplies ready by stocking rooms, inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Perform radiology exams ordered by the provider. Keeping radiation doses ALARA.
- Perform ordered patient treatments within set certification and medical competencies.
- Undertake the complete collection and processing for lab specimens.
- Perform occupational medicine testing.
- Assist and complete all ordered patient procedures.
- Screen and triage calls; take messages and/or directs calls to the appropriate individual or department.
- Completes patient call-backs.
- Educates patients on additional ways our clinic can help them.
- Able to perform front office duties, once cross-trained.
- Review and record lab results, calling patients with results when necessary.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Be able identify any facility or clinic issues and place a help desk ticket.
- Ensure every Tuesday Lab supplies are ordered and submitted for approval.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT(R) for RT’s and TMB for RT, LMRT, and NCT’s
- Current BLS certification
- DOT Drug/Bat certification within 30 days of start date
- It is the sole responsibility of the radiology technician to maintain any and all certifications and registrations necessary as outlined by the state and the AART. Failure to do so may result in termination as these are necessary for employment with CMUCS.
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Evenings, weekends, and holidays shifts are regularly 12 hours on all days except Sunday which is an 8-hour shift.
- Strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion, and uphold patient confidentiality is a must.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse personalities.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, a good customer-service attitude, and professional demeanor are required.
- Must excel in interpersonal communications and interactions with staff, clients, and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with physicians, management, all staff members and patients.
- Compliance with the attendance policy.
- Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or the patient’s condition changes.
- Must be able to work with and enter accurate information into such software as MS Word and Excel.
- Operation and general maintenance of radiologic equipment both fixed and portable
- Comprehensive knowledge of radiographic positioning, technique charts, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts.
- Principles of aseptic technique
- Principles of Standard Precautions and Radiation Safety
- Understanding of basic waived lab testing procedures as evidenced by passing lab quizzes
- Basic computer and typing skills
Physical/Mental Requirements for Position:
- Ability to read and write English (legibly)
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Ability to understand and resolve simple to complex problems
- Ability to understand simple to complex instructions
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, and/or lift
- Ability to frequently utilize full range of motion, including crouching, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push with assistance of one other person, the weight of the average patient
- Ability to see and hear
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function independently without constant supervision