Nurse Practitioner (Extern)
CommunityMed Urgent Care is looking to hire a Nurse Practitioner (Extern) that will float among our clinics. We want to make our company workplace a place to enjoy for all staff! We are looking for individuals that are welcoming and exhibit friendly, warm customer service to all patients and who take pride in excellent patient care.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) works under the supervision / delegation of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), individual supervising physicians and Director of Advanced Practitioners.
- Arrive to shift on time 7:45am Monday- Saturday; 11:45am Sunday.
- Adhere to HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state mandates.
- Contact Director in an event of an emergency call-in.
- Contact Director with any issues, questions, etc. pertaining to the clinic or your shift.
- Room and triage patient; recording set information including vital signs.
- Keeps supplies ready by stocking rooms, inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Obtaining and documenting a thorough history, performing physical exam and ordering and recording tests
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Administration or providing of medications
- Monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions, when necessary
- Administration of immunization / vaccines when appropriate
- Offering counseling, education and discharge planning to meet patient needs
- Prescribing treatments including medications
- Arranging necessary follow-up referrals
- Maintaining compliance with individual oversight physician as per state guidelines
- Adhere to all regulatory boards necessary for your licensure
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Unencumbered license(s) to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in Texas
- Current BLS certification, DEA license and any other certifications, board certifications, licenses or regulatory mandates by the state to follow state laws
- Signed Delegation Protocol and Collaborative Practice Act Agreement
- It is the sole responsibility of the Mid-Level Medical Practitioner to maintain any and all certifications and registrations necessary as outlined by the state and federal government. Failure to do so may result in termination as these are necessary for employment with CMUCS.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Understanding:
- Use of computer, software programs, printer, and scanner
- Basic waived lab testing procedures as evidenced by passing lab quizzes
- Best medical practices and aseptic technique
- Proper use of EKG and AED
- Adherence to the Policies and Procedures set forth by CMUC
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Ability to consistently present a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance
- Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
- Compliance with the attendance policy and understanding that the role requires working twelve (12) hour shifts, some weekends, major and minor holidays
- Familiarity with all pertinent Policies and Procedures
- Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or the patient’s condition changes
Physical / Mental Requirements for Position:
- Ability to read and write English (legibly)
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Ability to understand and resolve simple to complex problems
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, and/or lift
- Ability to frequently utilize full range of motion, including crouching, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push with assistance of one other person, the weight of the average patient
- Ability to see and hear
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function independently without constant supervision
Supervising / Delegating Physician: A physician employed and/or contracted by CommunityMed who agrees to oversee the medical practice and prescriptive authority of one or more mid-level practitioners (NP/PA).