Front Desk Registrar
CommunityMed Urgent Care is looking to hire Front Office Registrars that will float among our clinics. We want to make our company workplace a place to enjoy for all staff! We are looking for individuals that are welcoming and exhibit friendly, warm customer service to all patients and who take pride in excellent patient care.
The Front Office Registrar is responsible to greet and assist all patients and visitors. They will ensure the completion of paperwork, sign-in, security procedures, scheduling of patients, answering multiple phone lines, as well as verify patient medical insurance and be knowledgeable of medical terminology.
- Arrive to shift on time – 7:30am Monday – Saturday; 11:30am Sunday, unless otherwise noted.
- Adhere to HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state mandates.
- Contact Front Office Manager in an event of an emergency call-in.
- Contact Front Office Manager with any issues, questions, etc. pertaining to the clinic or your shift.
- On arrival, closure, and throughout day responsible for maintaining a profession clean appearance for waiting area and all bathrooms.
- Facilitate patient check-in, including insurance verification, accurate input of patient information and collection of co-payments and past due patient balances.
- Facilitate patient check-out, including collection of patient charges and any past due balances.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a professional manner, appropriately making sure to screens calls, take messages, and/or direct calls to the appropriate individual or department, triage telephone calls according to urgency.
- Resolve patient complaints quickly, respectfully, and with professionalism, communicating all issues to the Front Office Manager and Patient Advocate.
- Accurately maintain several clinic logs.
- Count cash box every day before the clinic opens and after the clinic closes, entering the log. All discrepancies should be sent to the Front Office Manager that day.
- Maintain and log an accurate count of Petty Cash.
- Every Tuesday ensure that weekly mail and Bento receipts are sent to the corporate office. Email Front Office Manager when this has been completed.
- Every Tuesday send Cash Log to Front Office Manager.
- Be able identify any facility or clinic issues and place a help desk ticket
- Ensure that every Tuesday the weekly facilities audit is completed and submitted.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Current BLS Certificate
- Proven customer service experience
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Evenings, weekends, and holidays shifts are regularly 12 hours on all days except Sunday which is an 8 hour shift.
- Knowledge of insurance filing procedures.
- Strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion, and uphold patient confidentiality is a must.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse personalities.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, a good customer-service attitude, and professional demeanor are required.
- Must excel in interpersonal communications and interactions with staff, clients, and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with physicians, management, all staff members and patients.
- Compliance with the attendance policy.
- Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or the patient’s condition changes.
- Must be able to work with and enter accurate information into such software as MS Word and Excel.
Physical/Mental Requirements for Position:
- Ability to read and write English (legibly)
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Ability to understand and resolve simple to complex problems
- Ability to understand simple to complex instructions
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, and/or lift
- Ability to frequently utilize full range of motion, including crouching, stooping, reaching, bending and twisting
- Ability to frequently lift, pull, push with assistance of one other person, the weight of the average patient.
- Ability to see and hear and distinguish color
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function independently without constant supervision