Protecting Your Skin
Sunscreen is something you think about applying when you’re at the pool or taking the kids to the waterpark. But, what about all the other times this summer when you’re outdoors?!
Dr. B. Well here with CommunityMed Family Urgent Care…
Protecting your skin is critical no matter what time of year, but especially during the summer when you and the kiddos are outside A LOT!!! I have some quick tips and reminders when it comes to sun protection.
Here’s 10 Places You May Visit or Activities You May Do This Summer and Forget To Protect Your Skin:
- Summer Camp
- Amusement Park
- The Zoo
- Sporting Event
- Music Festival or Summer Concert
- Having Lunch on a Patio
- A Cookout or Summertime BBQ
- Standing in line for Food or Refreshments
- Mowing the Lawn or Working in the Garden
- Volunteer Work
- Buy Sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Keep it handy for spur-of-the-moment needs.
- Rub in even the Spray-Formula Sunscreens.
- Wear Protective Clothing and Hats
- BIGGER Shades are BETTER Wear frames that cover the skin around the eyes and have polarized lenses with UV filters. Avoid reflective sunglasses like mirrored-shades. They bounce UV light onto the cheeks.
- Always Carrying Sunscreen and reapply every two hours.
- Download the CommunityMed Phone APP – available on iOS! Only be a phone call or click away from relief when you’re sick or when you’ve spent too much time in the sun.
CommunityMed Family Urgent Care is a place that’s open daily, 7 days a week, until 8pm and we can see your entire family — Mom, Dad, and the Kiddos!