POSITIVE COVID TEST RESULTS
Your CommuntyMed Urgent Care lab test results are POSTIVE for COVID-19.
You are contagious. You should isolate at home.
What are the symptoms of COVID that require isolation?
- Fever (>100.6)
- Shortness or breath with or without cough
- Headache/Body Aches
Quarantine – how long?
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
What if I have not had any symptoms – do I still need to quarantine?
If you have not had any symptoms, you can end home isolation when at least 10 days have passed since the date of your first positive COVID-19 test, AND you have had no symptoms or subsequent illness
Is there any medication I can get? There is no prescription medication to treat COVID-19 currently.
Please treat your symptoms such are fever, cough, body aches with over the counter medication. acetaminophen (Tylenol), naproxen (Aleve) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) can help lower your fever and help with body aches.
What about everyone in my house?
- If possible, use a separate bedroom and bathroom own area and away from others.
- Try to stay at least 6 feet away from the sick person.
- Shared space: If you must share space, make sure the room has good air flow.
- Open the window to increase air circulation.
- Improving ventilation helps remove respiratory droplets from the air.
- Avoid having visitors. Avoid having any unnecessary visitors, especially visits by people who are at higher risk for severe illness.
When can I go back to work?
- It has been 10+ days since symptoms first appeared.
- AND 3 days without symptoms
- Check with your employer for their specific policies for return to work
Do I need to notify anyone I have been around?
- Please notify anyone that you have been in close proximity with