At a Competitive,
What Should I Bring With Me to the Exam?
- A list of any medications you are on with dosages
- Glasses if you require a vision prescription
- A current letter of clearance from your specialist if you have a specific chronic condition
- A form of payment (insurance companies do not cover this exam)
Hours for DOT Testing:
Sun: 12pm – 6pm
Mon-Sat: 8am – 6pm
Why Choose CommunityMed for Your DOT/CDL Physical or Drug Screen?
CommunityMed Family Urgent Care is a clear win when it comes to getting your DOT testing. With multiple clinics in North Texas, we have convenient locations in many areas. Each clinic is open seven days a week, offering flexible hours to stop by and get your physical. DOT Physicals and Drug Screens are by appointment only.
It is federally mandated that every commercial driver passes the DOT physical exam according to the Department of Transportation regulations. The DOT physical tests whether a potential driver is fit and capable to drive safely at the present time and in the foreseeable future. Our staff at CommunityMed are trained on the latest regulations to perform DOT Tests for companies and individual drivers.
Our rates for the DOT Testing are affordable and competitive. Even better, we often have very short wait times. So, you can get get straight to testing and back on the road before you know it!
What to Expect During a DOT Physical?
The DOT physical verifies that drivers are able-bodied to safely drive a commercial vehicle without any impeding medical issues that could jeopardize you or others on the road. During the DOT physical, we will check:
- Blood Pressure
- Vision & Hearing
- Lung, spine and limb function
- Mouth and throat
- Balance and reflexes
- Urinary system
There will also be a section that covers medical history. Some of the categories the health history asks about are:
- Blood pressure & heart health
- Vision & hearing
- History of dizziness, fainting, stroke and respiratory health
- Drug & alcohol use
- History of diabetes or other specific illnesses
- Brain injuries and/or psychiatric disorders
Additional topics are covered.
Are You an Employer?
CommunityMed Family Urgent Care is a fantastic Occupational Medicine option for your company! Inquire below to begin your account set-up so that your employees can complete their DOT Physicals and/or Drug Screens. We are also able to offer:
- Initial Work-Injury Services
- Pre-Employment Physicals
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Physical Capabilities Testing
- Digital X-Rays
- TB Screenings
- And more!